PORT WILLIAM and DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Draft Minutes of the Meeting held Wednesday 26th June 2019.8.00 p.m. Maxwell Hall, Port William
- PRESENT:- Community Councillors: Mrs A Highman (Chairman); Mr P Smellie (Vice-Chair); Mrs J Gray (Secretary);
Mr D Ballantyne (Treasurer); Mr P Carrigan; Mr J Gray; Mr P Williams.
Regional Councillors:- Cllr J McColm; Cllr G Nicol
Apologies – Mr R McElrea; Mr J McMaster; Mrs H Pavitt.
- Declarations of Interest: – None relevant to matters to be discussed.
- Police Report – One officer attended and spoke of an incident of a male driver stopped within Main Street, Port William and found to have no insurance and no ‘L’ plates. She advised of the Summer Drink/Drug Drive Campaign commencing on 24th June for a period of two weeks, also including early morning checks when substances may still be in the body from the previous evening; confirmed that a body found near to Glentrool was that of missing person Emma Faulds; that enquiries were still ongoing to ascertain the whereabouts of missing person Gavin Tait, and reported that thirteen people had been sentenced for their part in an organised crime group that had targeted bank account holders and illicitly gained information over the phone that had allowed them to transfer money into other bank accounts under the groups control. She spoke of the problem of children cycling on the pavement, how this had been addressed with the Youth Group, and advising that if the problem persisted it would be taken up with the school next term, and she was advised of concern over speeding traffic through the village of Mochrum. A request had been sent via CCES for a speed indicator to be installed but due to budgetary and resource constraints this would only be considered where there are specific road safety concerns with an accident history. P.C. Martin agreed to speak with the traffic dept requesting patrols to give more consideration to Mochrum and the Chairman agreed to speak with residents to gauge further details in respect of a possible pattern of times that incidents may occur and the number of vehicles involved.
- Minutes of the meeting held 29th May having been previously circulated and taken as read were proposed as a true and accurate record by Mr P Williams and seconded by Mr P Carrigan.
5. Matters Arising
5.1 – Street Lighting – Port William and Elrig – Following ongoing problems with both Scottish Power and in obtaining parts it is hoped that the majority of these repairs are now completed.
5.2. – Request for additional street light, Elrig – Due to budgetary constraints and no ongoing accident history this has not proved possible. Resident advised to erect a sensor light on his property to aid visibility.
5.3 – Burn opposite Mote Brae – checked – Flood Risk Management Team advised that removal of vegetation would not substantially reduce the risk of flooding, and that vegetation will die back during the winter months
5.4 – Dog Fouling posters – some signs put back up but will only be temporary. Costs of permanent signs discussed but agreed not to pursue.
6. Federation of Community Councils – Nothing to Report
7. Maxwell Hall – User Group invoices to be issued early July
8. Finance Report – Treasurers Account – £ 671-89. Village Improvements Account £ 685-20. Copies of the Financial Statement made available to those present – Mr Ballantyne proposed that the two accounts be merged which would alleviate the need for transfers when payments need to be made. This was seconded by Mr P Smellie and agreed. He spoke of internet banking which would enable payments to be made by BACS, although the possibility of this was queried in accordance with the terms of the Scheme of Establishment and the current mandate; and advised of new arrangements introduced for Area Committee grants and the need to submit an Expression of Interest in respect of provision of Christmas decorations with the current allocation being £243.60 for Port William, £150 for Mochrum £150 for Monreith which Mr Ballantyne confirmed had been sent. He also spoke of the need to submit an Expression of Interest re Galas and other such events and details of this had been forwarded to PWCA SCIO and PIRSAC.
- Machars Action Ltd – Minutes of Meeting held 29th April; Agenda for meeting 17th June and Income/Expenditure account 2019/20 all received. Members were advised that Mrs Windle may no longer be able to be representative on the Board of Machars Action and Mrs Gray agreed to attend when possible.
- Empowering Communities Fund – closed for applications 14th June – for further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Launch of the Best Start Grant School Age Payment – 3rd June – for further details go to www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/what-we-do/stakeholder-resources
- Notification that HM Fire Service Inspectorate will be undertaking an inspection of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service in Dumfries and Galloway area commencing July/August – for more information go to www.gov.scot/fireinspectorate
- Audit Scotland – Notification re publication of Annual Report and Accounts 2018/19 – find out more at www.audit-scotland.gov.uk
- Community Council Newsletter June 2019 – for more information go to www.dumgal.gov.uk/communitycouncils
- Area Committee Poverty Grant Funding 2019/2020 – closing date 24th July – contact Wendy.Jesson@dumgal.gov.uk
- Request from the Scottish Ambulance Service to note their New Clinical Response Model which has improved the way they respond to emergency calls. – for further information please contact email@example.com
- Self Build Loan Fund – details and eligibility can be found at www.hscht.co.uk/scotland-self-build-loan-fund.html
- Invite to send a representative to South Machars Community Hub Stakeholders Group – 27th June, 7.00 p.m. Whithorn
- Sales@Pureutilities.co.uk – quotation received for supply of water and/or sewerage services at Youth centre – not requested, or required – Secretary to reply.
10. Bookings for Harbour Green – No bookings received
11. Website Update – Nothing to report
12. Planning Applications – i) auction of the Monreith Arms Hotel – July ii) Dourie Farming Company – new milk parlour
13. A.O.B. –
- Congratulations expressed to PIRSAC on receiving the Queens Award for Voluntary Services
- Outdoor Gym now available at the Youth Centre – Available to all, Free of Charge.
- Elections of Community Council members to take place in October – Need to publicise – Mr Smellie to include within Parish magazine.
- New waste collection scheme to be introduced.
- E-mail received regarding the size of the gent’s toilet in Port William – Secretary to reply – Members were advised that a consultation is to take place concerning the number of Public Toilets and Customer Service facilities within Dumfries & Galloway.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35. Next meeting 31st July 7.30 p.m.
PORT WILLIAM and DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Agenda – Wednesday 31st July 2019 – 7.30 pm Maxwell Hall, Port William.
- Attendance – CC/Public
- Apologies/Not Present
- Declarations of Interest
- Police Report
5.. Minutes of Meeting 26TH June 2019
6. Matters Arising
7. Wind Farm Applications
8. Treasurer’s report
10. Bookings for Harbour Green
11. Website Update
12. Planning Applications
Next Meeting Wednesday 25th September 2019 – 7.30 p.m.