PORT WILLIAM and DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Draft Minutes of the Meeting held Wednesday 25th July 2018. 7.30 p.m. Maxwell Hall, Port William
1. PRESENT:- Community Councillors: Mrs A Highman (Chairman); Mr P Smellie (Vice-Chair); Mr J Gray (Treasurer);
Mr D Ballantyne; Mr P Carrigan; Mrs J Gray; Mrs H Pavitt; Mrs S Windle.
2. Apologies – Mrs F Broll; Mr R McElrea; Mr J McMaster; Mrs P Watkins; Mr P Williams.
3. Declarations of Interest: – Interests were declared in MADAG; Port William Short Mat Bowling and PWCA SCIO.
4. Police Report – No Officer in attendance.
5. Minutes of the meeting held 27th June having been previously circulated and taken as read were proposed as a true and accurate record by Mr P Smellie and seconded by Mr D Ballantyne.
6. Matters Arising
6.1 – Port William Harbour – Railings – not yet replaced; Barriers missing; Warning posts not lifted or sorted. E-mail to be sent to the acting Harbour Master, William Jones. Letter sent from PWCC to Keith Armstrong-Clark on the occasion of his retirement.
6.2- Maxwell Hall – Community Meeting to be held 6th September to advise Working Group feedback – Open to all – Following which a Management Team will need to be formed.
6.3 – Seat – Harbour Green – in need of renovation
6.4 – Suggested Maggie’s Centre, Dumfries & Galloway – letter of support sent.
6.5 – NHS – Transforming Health & Social Care in Wigtownshire – Following discussion at the last meeting in regard to the technology available within the Maxwell Hall’s facilities, an E-mail was sent to Lynda McKie to ascertain whether monies could be gained from Regional Council to assist the library’s position when considering it’s future. Acknowledgement received but no further information to date.
6.6 – Scheme of Establishment – Notification received of reduction in proposed minimum; maximum and co-opted members of Community Councils – suggested 4; 11 and 3 respectively – Mr Smellie to speak with Karen Anderson, CLD Worker, Communities Directorate.
7. Federation of Community Councils – Proposed July meeting cancelled – Further date to be advised.
8. Finance Report – Treasurers Account – £ 932.16 of which £453.20 is restricted for Christmas Decorations. Village Improvements Account £ 641-37. Copies of the Financial Statement to the 25th July 2018 were made available to those present. Mr Gray advised that he had now received the monitoring form in respect of the Discretionary Grant which had requested details of any good practices and local successes with which the Community Council had been involved, for which it was suggested that he advise of the Dog Fouling campaign and the involvement with the school. Mr Gray confirmed that he would also be applying for an additional £100 in respect of membership of the Federation of Community Councils; that he had renewed the Business electricity tariff with Scottish Power until August 2020 and that the balance on our electricity account currently stands at £ 4.23 in credit. In respect of village improvements the signage at Second Sands was queried and Mrs Pavitt agreed to make further inquiries. It was suggested that depending on the costs involved in refurbishing this, a request for funding could be made to the Community Development Trust.
9. Carscreugh Renewable Energy park Ltd – Windfarm Community Benefit applications – These were discussed and agreed to make the following donations:
Port William Short Mat Bowling – £ 300 – towards the cost of replacing Mats and Jacks
MADAG – £ 600 – New Bowling Mats
Port William SWI – £ 300 – Materials for Craft Sessions
PWCA SCIO – £1236 – War Memorial Lettering; Christmas Trees and Funding towards a feature on the roundabout.
Machars Action – Minutes of Board Meeting held 4th June 2018
Community Engagement Day – 4th September – Request from Community Safety Enforcement Officer that members attend and advise them of any issues in the area that they would like to see tackled – Time and place to be advised.
J.S.Gerrish Partners – Maintaining access at slipway for lifeboat – notification of application for marine licence.
An Invitation to talk with the Board of The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – 30th August 2.00 p.m. North West Castle, Stranraer – RSVP by 17th August – anyone able to attend should notify Mrs J Gray by no later than the 15th August
Advice of the Home Energy Assistance Scheme – applicable to any householder who spends more than 10% of their income after rent/mortgage on fuel for heating and cooking – to apply for a home visit contact Colin Holden on 01387 269161 ext 214 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
LEADER – Invitation to Youth Think Tank – 10th August – 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Dumfries Baptist Church – for further information E-mail email@example.com
Day of the Region – Newton Stewart Friday 28th/Saturday 29th September – for updates go to www.dayoftheregion.co.uk
Brochure ‘HAGS’ The Ultimate Playlist.
11. Bookings for Harbour Green – None received.
12. Website Update – Mrs Pavitt advised that Mrs Jill Astall had agreed to assist in the running of the Website and that it is to be re-vamped and improved. – Any information to be included on the Website should now be sent to Mrs Astall.
13. Planning Applications – Nothing applicable – Smart meter pole installed.
14. A.O.B. –
Monreith Arms – now officially up for sale – Estate Agents, Shepherd Commercial – price in the region of £100,000.
Street Lamp outside the public toilets in the Square – not working – Mrs Gray to report
Blocked drain – 9 High Street down to No 5 – Works order to be raised for cleaning of the road gullies – work to be carried out when EDG have resources available.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45 p.m. Next Meeting 26th September 2018. 7.30 p.m. Maxwell Hall