Draft Minutes of recent meeting & Agenda for next

The draft minutes of the Machars Community Council Federation of which Port William Community Council  is a member can be viewed as a pdf file by following this link  federation_2016_10_12 

********************************************************************************
PORT WILLIAM and DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Draft Minutes of the Meeting held Wednesday 22nd February 2017. 7.30 p.m. Maxwell Hall, Port William.
1. PRESENT:-
Community Councillors: Mrs A Highman (Chairman); Mr P Smellie (Vice Chairman); Mrs J Gray (Secretary); Mr J Gray (Treasurer);
Mr P Carrigan; Mr R McElrea; Mr J McMaster; Mrs P Watkins.

Cllr Graham Forster

2. Apologies – Mr D Ballantyne; Mrs H Pavitt; Mrs S Windle.

3. Declarations of Interest: – Not relevant to items listed for discussion.

4. Police Report – Two officers attended and Constable Dodds addressed the meeting. He spoke of the drink drive figures for 2016/17 which regrettably were significantly higher than 2015/16, and of yet another break in which had occurred in Kirkcowan, advising members to ensure that their properties are secure. He told how the police can support techniques for extra security and gave details of the D & G Handyvan Service who will fit extra locks and supply such items as door chains and spy holes free of charge to persons over the age of 60, registered disabled, subject to domestic abuse or suffering from mental health issues or have learning difficulties. They can be contacted on 08000 699173 or at www.dghandyvan.org.uk. He spoke of poaching incidents in Barrachan and informed members that farm thefts had been prevalent, especially in Ayrshire, with heating oil, fuel and quad bikes being a particular target, and again advised that techniques are available to ensure extra security. He advised members to be aware of scams on e-mail or by telephone, with Amazon, BT and the Inland Revenue being the most notable, and requested that if any telephone numbers are available from suspicious calls they should be reported and can be added to call filtering databases. He also advised of the Mail Preference Service which will reduce the amount of junk mail received, and the Telephone Preference Service which would also include e-mails. He spoke of a 14 day driver distraction campaign designed to advise motorists that as from the 1st March illegal use of a mobile phone whilst driving will incur a 6 point penalty and a £200 fine, also reminding drivers that should they be caught within the first two years of passing their test, 6 points would lead to automatic disqualification. He told members about the Dementia training recently completed by officers with there now being 9 dementia friends in the area and how it is hoped that the recent funding for delivering sign language will train in the region of 24 front line emergency service workers within the Mid Galloway area. He requested that anything suspicious should be immediately reported using the 101 telephone number and advised of a new e-mail address for Wigtownshire – WigtownCPT@scotland.pnn.police.uk

5. Minutes of the meeting held 25th January having been previously circulated and taken as read were proposed as a true and accurate record by Mr J McMaster and seconded by Mr P.Carrigan.

6. Matters Arising
6.1 – Winter Resilience Equipment – Elrig, Mochrum and Port William – not yet received – Secretary to send reminder.
6.2 – War Memorial, Port William – Power washed, November 2016 still in need of re-pointing – Mr McMaster and Mr Smellie to discuss with PWCA SCIO.
6.3 – Notice Board –Port William – Mr McMaster advised members that he had removed the small notice board belonging to PWCC from the wall adjacent to ‘Tasty Bites’ and suggested that it may be repairable. This was discussed and agreed to take no further action at this time but that it would be kept should it be needed in the future.
6.4 – Riverside Day Centre Outreach Project in Port William – This had been very well attended and very well received. Thanks were recorded to all who had helped to make this an enjoyable event and it is hoped that funding may be obtained to repeat this again in the future.

7. Machars Federation of Community Councils
7.1 – Minutes of the meeting held 11th January had been received with the main points being: the Police Report including Community policing; the potential closure of police stations and the crime reports.
7.2 – Federation meeting planned for March with intention to focus on public transport.
7.4 – AGM with panel of regional MSP’s – end of May/ beginning of June.
7.3 – August meeting to focus on NHS

8. Treasurer’s Report – Treasurers Account – i) £ 965.06 with £ 262.52 of the balance restricted in respect of Christmas decorations. Village Improvements Account £ 1369-44. Copies of the Financial Statement to the 22nd February 2017 were made available to those present and Mr Gray explained these in detail advising that the Carscreugh Renewable Energy Park Ltd, Community Windfarm Grant had been received and distributed. Thanks were recorded to Mr Smellie as Windfarm Community Benefit Representative for his assistance in securing these funds. Mr Gray reminded members that the 31st March would be the end of the financial year and requested any expense claims that may be due.

9. Correspondence
Advice of redesign and relaunch of Community Councils website in 2016 – views on users experiences and opinions of the website sought through a short survey on http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SQAA3. For more information go to
http://www.communitycouncils.scot/tell-us-what-you-think-of-the-community councils-website.html
A newsletter featuring information about the consultation on the future of the Scottish planning system and other recent highlights of the website can be viewed on http://eepurl.com/czoonz To sign up to the mailing list to receive the next newsletter go to http://eepurl.com/b19NXf
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is undergoing a review of the 2014-17 Local Fire and Rescue Plan for Dumfries & Galloway. An engagement process will be conducted by inviting those who wish to take part to complete a short questionnaire – go to http://firescotland.citizenspace.com/planning-and-performance/local-plan-review
Clarification received on the ‘Proposed Rationalisation of police Estate’ – To discuss any particular aspects contact Stewart.McColm@scotland.pnn.police.uk
Notification of a meeting of the Wigtown Area Committee to be held at the Douglas Ewart High School, Newton Stewart 28th February 7.00 p.m. on Transport Issues on A75/A77 in Wigtown area – to allow community discussion with Officers from Transport Scotland. For further information contact Business Support on 01776 88423.
Notification on improvement works on A77 Drummellan Farm to Smithson – commencing 8.00 p.m. 17th February, finishing 6.00 a.m. 20th February
The New Tree Charter – setting out a series of guidelines and principles on how our local communities and trees can best benefit one another – for more information contact joseph.palasz@nals.gov.uk
Information from LEADER i) helping people experiencing poverty – for details of D & G Council’s Anti-Poverty Strategy go to http://www.dungal.gov.uk/article/15791/Tackling-poverty ii) Funding for community safety projects – to be distributed by area Committees in January and July – available to organisations, community groups and agencies who meet the funding criteria – applications to be submitted by 5.00 p.m. on Friday 31st March iii) Fairtrade Fortnight 27th February to 12th March.
Notification of an introductory meeting aimed at increasing the number of eco-congregations in SW Scotland – Langholm, 22nd March 7.30 p.m; 25th March, Dalbeattie – for further information contact David Bethune at coordinator@ecocongregationscotland.org
Data –gathering for follow on project to community councillors’ information literacy to commence early March. Request to complete a survey when development of such is finalised. Comments on initial project requested, go to https://community-knect.net
Consultation on unconventional oil and gas – for further information go to www.talikingfracking.scot
Finlay Carson MSP – Notification of Surgeries – 1st Monday of the month 16.00 to 17.00 Stranraer Library. 3rd Monday of the month, 14.50 to 15.50 Newton Stewart Library.
Brochure –‘Broxap’ litter and recycling bins, Spring 2017
.
11. Bookings for Harbour Green – None received.

12. Website Update – Nothing to report

13. Planning Applications – Possible future building on land adjacent to 3b Construction site noted

14. A.O.B. –
Parking area adjacent to Kings Green Caravan Park in need of repair – to be discussed with PWCA SCIO.
Section of road from Dourie Farm to Monreith junction on B7085 in need of re-surfacing – Cllr Forster to request action. Problem of flooding at times of heavy rain also to be addressed.

There being no further business the meeting Closed at 8.55 p.m. Next Meeting 29th March 2017. 7.30 p.m. Maxwell Hall.
—————————————————————————————————————————————–
PORT WILLIAM and DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Agenda – Wednesday 29th March 2017 – 7.30 pm Maxwell Hall, Port William.

1. Attendance – CC/Public
2. Apologies/Not Present
3. Declarations of Interest

4. Police Report

5.. Minutes of Meeting 22nd February 2017

6. Matters Arising

7. Federation of Community Councils

8. Finance Report

9. Correspondence

10. Bookings for Harbour Green

11. Website Update

12. Planning Applications

13. A.O.B

Next Meeting :Wednesday 26th April 2017 , 7.30 p.m.